LAS VEGAS and FAIRFIELD, N.J. – April 11, 2012 - Copystar, a division of KYOCERA Document Solutions America, Inc., today introduced its latest business applications, KYOCERA Mobile Print and KYOCERA Cloud Connect. The KYOCERA Mobile Print app enables mobile users to print and send files, scans and images from their mobile devices to select Copystar document imaging devices in their network while KYOCERA Cloud Connect enables users to print and scan files in Evernote, a cloud service provider, directly from Copystar’s HyPAS-enabled MFP Control Panels.
“More than ever, employees want to connect and sync their own iPhones, iPads or Android smartphones and tablets to enterprise resources to access and store data from anywhere at any time,” said Peter Hendrick, vice president of marketing, KYOCERA Document Solutions America. “In this new mobile business environment, end users require a simple way to print and scan documents and images from their mobile devices. Kyocera’s mobile apps provide a unique solution to make the office a truly mobile experience. Kyocera’s Cloud Connect and Mobile Print applications are the perfect examples of how end users can easily access and print their files not only from an MFP, but directly from their mobile devices as well.”
KYOCERA Mobile Print
KYOCERA Mobile Print enables users to print and scan using their smartphones and tablets with Copystar’s printers and MFPs. With KYOCERA Mobile Print, users can make their everyday document workflow needs much faster and easier when using iOS and compatible Android smartphones and tablets.
KYOCERA Mobile Print offers the following functions:
- Device Discovery: Quickly and easily discover Copystar Printers and MFPs via WiFi.
- Print: Print photos, documents or webpages stored on mobile devices from any file format including PDF, JPEG, PNG, TXT and HTML.
- Job Accounting: Track print jobs when job accounting is enabled at the MFP or printer.
- Scan: Scan documents from a Copystar MFP and send them to a mobile device.
- E-mail: Documents in the app can easily be stored and shared as e-mail attachments.
KYOCERA Cloud Connect
Evernote is among the world’s fastest growing cloud services with over 25 million users today. The application is a tool for users to “Remember Everything,” including captured memos, photos and web articles. The KYOCERA Cloud Connect application allows users to upload and store files to their account on Evernote directly from the touch screen control panel of a HyPAS-enabled Copystar multifunctional product (MFP). And when a hardcopy of any document is needed, users can print directly from Evernote.
KYOCERA Cloud Connect allows end users to:
- Scan to Evernote: Upload scanned files directly to Evernote from any HyPAS-enabled product, removing the need to send scanned files to or from a computer.
- Evernote to Print: Retrieve and print files stored in Evernote directly from a Copystar HyPAS-enabled product in file formats including JPEG, PDF and TIFF.
The KYOCERA Mobile Print and KYOCERA Cloud Connect apps are being showcased at Kyocera’s Annual Pan-American Dealer Meeting at The Venetian Las Vegas April 11-12, 2012. The KYOCERA Mobile Print and KYOCERA Cloud Connect apps will be available April 2012. For more information on Kyocera’s HyPAS apps, please visit: www.copystar.com.
HyPAS is a trademark of KYOCERA Document Solutions. All other products, technologies or applications referenced are tradenames or trademarks of their respective owners.